counter customizable free hit

Monday, January 09, 2006

AJAX, iPods and the MySQL Guild

I took a little break over the Christmas period and avoided using the computer as much as possible, so this is my first blog of the year. I mentioned AJAX in my last blog and in the time since then my demo was completed (after a few teething problems). I gave a demo to my boss and a couple of clients on Friday and it went down really well, it's often difficult with clients as people are so used to computers these days people have a certain level of expectation and while us as technical people can see the benefits of something like AJAX it's often lost in translation somewhere along the line. Thankfully in this case they were really keen and we are in the process of setting up a test to see if it improves the clients business.

Last week I recieved my iPod Nano, the prize from the MySQL 5.0 competition. It had been a while in coming due to me not being home when the delivery company called before Christmas. It's small, very small but sounds great, it's also black (my prefered colour) and the 4Gb version which I was suprised and greatfull to MySQL for.

Finally I have had the great honour of being added to the MySQL Guild, as both a writer and expert. It's great to have my work recognised over the last year and this is the icing on the cake. You can see a list of all the guild members here http://dev.mysql.com/guilds/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home