counter customizable free hit

Friday, March 31, 2006

Calling it a day.

I have been blogging since last June (is it really that long) and www.mysqldevelopment.com has been going for over a year now. But as the frequency of posts on this blog and updates on the site will testify recently I just haven't had the time I used to have with regards to MySQL. One of the good and bad things with the web is that it's relatively cheap to just leave stuff hanging around where in traditional media, books for example, the costs of continual production mean things go out of print never to be seen again. This means that the web is full of sites and pages which are left untouched for months or years. Most of the time that isn't a problem but often, especially with IT related sites the information can be way off the mark.

It's with that in mind that as from 1st May 2006 www.mysqldevelopment will no longer exist and this will be my last MySQL related blog entry. I no longer have the time or energy to commit to it and with out that the site won't move forward. Of course if somebody wanted to take it on that would be great but privately I have been looking at ways to move the site forward without success.

I want to say thanks to all the people who took the time to read my blog and to visit MySQLDevelopment.com and definately a huge thank you to those who contributed to the site over the last year.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home