Event Scheduler on Mac OS X
One of the things I learnt a year ago when I first started working with MySQL stored procedures was that you really need to have the latest version of MySQL running. By the time you have identified a possible bug and noted down the specifics a new version was available which invariably fixed the problem.
This is also true with release 5.1, I have recently started writing content on the event scheduler over at www.mysqldevelopment.com and found a few bugs early on. Given that 5.1 is still very much in development I tend not to raise bugs these days without first checking on the forums and then making sure I have the very latest release to test against.
One of the biggest issues I had was that one off events worked fine, but events that fired at intervals didn't. I say they didn't but one of the big problem with testing events is that you have to wait a long time to prove something. I was using 1 minute intervals which didn't work, I also tried 5 and 10 minute intervals also. Testing hour intervals was just about practical but any more than that was just too time consuming. I checked on the forum but there doesn't seem to be a great deal of activity in the event scheduler section at present, so I downloaded a newer version of 5.1 (in this case going from 5.1.6 to 5.1.7), testing again proved positive and it seems whatever the problem had been was now fixed.
I think the event scheduler is a great new feature and I can't wait to get the content finished, unfortunately it's taking a bit longer than I hoped due to other commitments and also the fact it takes a fair amount of time to testing things.